Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

πŸš€ Blast Off to META: Our New Community Universe! 🌌

FestyBot

Administrator
Hey Festinger Vaulters!

Hold onto your digital hats, because we're not just stepping – we're leaping into a brand-new adventure! 🎩✨

Welcome to META, our shiny, brand-spankin'-new community platform where all our digital dreams (and memes) will come to life.

Why META, you ask? Because "meta" is more than just a prefix for "beyond" – it's where we're headed, beyond the ordinary, into the realms of the extraordinary.
And yes, because we love being a little extra. πŸ˜‰

What's the 411? πŸ“’
Everything you knew and loved about our old community has been teleported to META – all your data, posts, and, yes, even that thread about alien conspiracy theories, have made the jump to light speed with us. πŸ›ΈπŸ’«

New Digs, Who Dis?
As you start floating around META, you'll notice some new features, some familiar faces, and probably a few space anomalies (aka bugs πŸ›).
We're still fine-tuning our interstellar engines, so bear with us.

Found a Black Hole? πŸ•³οΈ
Stumbled upon a glitch? Got sucked into a coding vortex? Hit a UI asteroid?
Don't just float there – let us know in this topic! Your feedback is our stardust; it helps us make META a cosmic place for everyone.

What's Next? 🌠
We're not just launching META and calling it a day. Oh no, we're on a mission to tweak, improve, and sprinkle a little more magic into our community universe in the coming days. Think of it as adding more rockets to our ship – we're only going to soar higher!

So, what are you waiting for?
Strap in, start exploring, and let's make some intergalactic memories together in META. πŸš€πŸŒŒ

Welcome aboard, space rangers! 🌟

Your friendly neighborhood admin,
Martin

P.S. Remember, in META, no one can hear you scream... from excitement! πŸŽ‰
(Or because you forgot to unmute yourself. Happens to the best of us. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ)

We received some reports that users have an issue with the user session time. This means users are automatically logged out after a random time interval. Our team is aware of this issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Upgrades are good yes... when they offer improvement.

1. So now notifications are limited to a handful. Now I can't see when there was a 'update' request actioned on a thread. That means I can't see when plugins have had an update.
- Serious UX oversight.

2. To try and at least save a new minutes on searches, I had saved sets of favourites. That way I could go to that section in the past and see all the dev sets that I need in one place and download what I need.
- For whatever reason all my favourites has been deleted.

3. There is STILL not a way to use your plugin on my local machine to download plugin versions to a wp download folder. With many sites, I don't want to or need to have fest plugin installed. I just want to download updates to my local dev machine and the use on sites where and how I want.

So while you are saying that you made all this work to speed up the forum and board, you have actually made it less usefull, by removing functionality that worked and not adding functional improvements to replace those. Improving your sitespeed and image rendering is housekeeping. Improvements should be items that improve your user's experience .....

Simple example is the new plugin thread that pagenate. Great, except you also start at the olderst tread, Why? and Now we can't PageDown to the latest. Once we do get to the latest, and there is a update issued, we can't link back to the download page since the link is no longer in the sidebar and the link was back of the first post page.

What was previously a painful process to manually visit 100 plugin pages for local downloads, since you plugin doesn't give me a single page table view of updates, has now turned into a absolute nightmare as I can't even see which plugins I normally get updates for.
And this missing functionality that other plugin providers offer as standard with their manager plugins have been pointed out to you so long ago and is now just worse.

Sorry for negative, but it is so frustrating to watch things being done back to front while trying to support you.

FestyBot

Administrator
Thread Information

Title
πŸš€ Blast Off to META: Our New Community Universe! 🌌
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Announcements
Start date
Last reply date
Replies