Group Buying Feature for Plugins Secured by Freemius

My idea is for FV to purchase real licenses of extremely popular plugins (such as Elementor Pro with cloud/demo support) or plugins that we cannot circumvent security restriction (plugins sold by Freemius for example).

A similar idea was suggested in this thread in order to receive support from the original developers. It rejected because:

if a license got deactivated (as sharing license keys is not allowed by the original developer), people will get frustrated that they purchased a license they cannot use.

To keep everyone satisfied, we will not take that risk and therefore we’re not adding it.

My idea is a bit different. The purpose is not to receive support but only to activate certain plugins with security restrictions that are difficult to bypass and/or access Elementor Cloud or native demo content (from within Elementor) . Perhaps the license key would not even be shared with end user so they cannot abuse the support system by the original developers.

It seems to me that the main issue original devs have is they don’t want thousands of customers getting support for a fraction of the price but they are OK when a developer uses license on client site. This is not that much different.

I think it is especially useful for plugin secured by Freemius as there is a growing trend in this direction.

Would FV consider this?

First of all, thanks @sw3 to submit this idea here.

100% agreed!

We will see if there are more people interested in this idea and if that’s the case, I will be checking with our financial department if it’s financially feasible to offer such a paid license for those who are interested.