Festinger Vault Plugin 4.2.0 Released!

The latest batch of updates for the Festinger Vault plugin has now been released and it will be automatically updated from your WordPress instance. You can continue reading below for the highlights.

• Issue fixed with WordPress user roles as reported here.
  • Automatic updates will now be enabled by default after activating your license in the Festinger Vault plugin.
  • If you have more than 100+ plugins/themes installed on your WordPress website, there was an issue it wasn’t updating all files. This has been fixed now.
  • Other minor improvements and security updates.

If you want to manually download the latest version, you can do that from here as well:

1 Like

Does this Version also fix the issue that auto update didn’t work at all on any of our pages?

1 Like

Yes, that issue has been fixed too.

Great, but now the plugin doesn’t show us any plugin data:

same here, it is not showing all the plguins.

@Steve so the automatic plugin update doesn’t work on none of our sites

Thanks for your confirmation. Is this a brand new domain? (did you try to migrate your WordPress domain to a new domain)?

Please bear in mind that we do not work at weekends, so bumping this thread doesn’t make a lot of sense. The same questions applies to your situation: did you migrate your WordPress website to a new domain?

this issue is happening with all my existing domains (no migration) I have opened a ticket by email and gave you access to a staging site to investigate @Steve .

In the meantime, how can we disable auto-updates to keep 4.1.0 as is without being forced to update to 4.2.0. which has a problem?

seems like when a plugin is out of date, FV plugin will update it and then it will show the plugins as normal… All is good. Thanks. @Steve

Thanks for reporting this and as we discussed through email, it looks like the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

Hi, i’m also having problems with the new plugin 4.2.0. When I go to plugin updates, only few plugins appear (with the previous version, all the plugins were detected). Any idea on how to solve it?

Hi @orkos,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Are you referring to automatic updates for a migrated domain or for an existing domain using the Festinger Vault plugin?

Hi! it is an existing domain (just updated vault plugin, and the list of plugins became shorter… many plugins didn’t appear so there was no way to update those plugins)

Hi @orkos,

Thanks for your comment here.

Please check this reply:

Thank you for the answer. If that is the new feature, that will be a problem for those that have problems with the vault plugin (the search in Vault is not compatible with some plugins, as Buddyboss plattform… so the WP plugins were installed by dowloading from the web and manual installing… then, the update plugins option worked, as that part has no conflict with buddyboss). Could be the solution to go back to Vault 4.1.0? Or the new feature will be applied also to that version?

Autoupdate isn’t working despite festinger vault being updated to version 4.2.0. The settings for auto-update are enabled in “settings” and for each plugin.

Also, I get the following error when manually updating plugins and then need to load a backup for my website… “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

Here are my screenshots. I have the latest Festinger Vault Plugin version 4.2.0 installed.

I have these errors (shown x6) appearing on the Festinger Vault plugin:

**Warning** : Undefined property: stdClass::$pkg_str in **/public_html/wp-content/plugins/festingervault/sections/fv_plugin_updates.php** on line **161**

**Warning** : Undefined property: stdClass::$pkg_str in **/public_html/wp-content/plugins/festingervault/sections/fv_plugin_updates.php** on line **165**

Do you know why? Thanks.

So if I go to plugin updates and I click on on the “update” button for Rank Math SEO with 4.2.0 my website gets a generic critical error, and I have to back it up. However, if I go to Vault and look for Rank Math Seo and update it there, it installs flawlessly. This might be a bug.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
We are releasing version 4.2.3 by tomorrow and this should solve all of these reported issues. Please download the new version by then and report back.