Strange permission denied uploading images to media library

Hi,

I’m getting permission denied error messages when uploading any files or images to the media library for any other user roles than administrator when festinger vault plugin is activated its really strange as it’s not affecting anyone with admin roles but any other role they cannot upload to the media library at all when the vault plugin is active when deactivated its fine and the media library works again.

I’m really not sure how to fix the issue and continue to be able to use the vault?? this is for festinger vault 4.0 or 4.1.0

Thanks for the report @greenlinkweb. We forwarded your issue to our technical department and we will solve it for you asap.

Thanks I think it has to do with how the festinger vault plugin interacts with the page roles but it is affecting the roles other than administrator. Ive also noticed a flaw in the way the vault doesnt allow to select custom setup roles eg. Ive got a site that has a new role called “full site editor” the vault doesnt show this role for this website in the role management settings there is only the standard 4 roles

Can also confirm i upgraded to lifetimeVIP and tested the roles feature out it doesnt work at all

i selected editor to allow for the site that im having the issues on to the vault and when i use switch to plugin to login as that user as editor role they dont have access to the vault so its not really working i dont think and this is on a couple of my sites now so i think your roles feature is somehow breaking the roles “files_upload” capabilities?

Hope my troubleshooting helps :slight_smile:
Hoping for a resolution because i really like the plugin i just cant use it at the moment for a few of my sites where the other users its breaking their ability to upload anything

Thanks for the confirmation @greenlinkweb and I am sorry for the delayed response.

I can confirm that this is a bug from our plugin and this will be fixed in the next version of the Festinger Vault plugin.

You can rest assured that this will be fixed in the next version and I hope we will release this by the end of this week. :slight_smile:

Hi Any updates for the festinger plugin would love to see this fixed :slight_smile: @Martin

Hi @greenlinkweb,

Unfortunately, this issue seems to be breaking our entire plugin so we’re rewriting the code to bypass this issue.

@Martin @greenlinkweb same issue over here! It’s currently affecting my clients, because that have different role than administrator and are also getting the error message. Hopefully you could make realize a fix asap. Thanks in advance

Thanks for letting us know.

We have this issue fixed in the new version.

edit: this version will be released by the end of this week.

@heretoearn

I am happy to announce that we are uploading a new version by tomorrow morning where this issue has been fixed!

Looking forward to the update I am still getting 4.1 when trying to download from the vault dashboard fingers crossed its any time soon! :grinning:

Same for me! Still waiting. Hopefully you can manage it asap @Martin.

I’m happy to announce that we have version 4.2.0 of the Festinger Vault ready and it will be released within 48 hours.

How or where can we check when is version 4.2.0 avalaible?

Hi,

Version 4.2.0 has been released.