Make the white label feature even more white label!

Hi

My suggestion regarding the whitelabel feature.

At the moment we can partially make it a whitelabel software by adding the plugin ourselves to our clients dashboard and changing the details of the plugin. The problem comes when the plugin is de-activated and then re-activated. When a client does this the festinger vault details, along with the links, re-appear, so our clients know where we bought the plugin. This means it is not a true whitelabel.

What we need is a WHITELABEL PLUGIN that we can give to our customers with a license key. It may be difficult to create a plugin where WE can add our whitelabel details before we send it to our customers. But, there is no problem creating a plugin where ALL the details for the plugin are a ā€œgenericā€ name that dosent link back to the Festinger vault website in any way. Then, if our customers tried to ā€œdig inside the pluginā€ they would never find out about Festinger vault.

Hopefully something can be done to make it a TRUE whitelabel plugin. I would then increase the lifetime price to $999! :slight_smile:

Thanks

Reference:

Thanks to @dave for bringing in this suggestion.

1 Like

Another suggestion related to the white label feature:

Although, I agree with the comments about revising the Whitelabel aspect of the plugin to be more centric to our use versus the customersā€™ ability to manipulate that Whitelabel by resetting the plugin. I would add that there should be additional options associated with roles. In my experience having Whitelabel options that coincide with roles is most effective. Therefore, you can associate certain plugins dependent on the role.

Reference:

@PyxSkull1

3 posts were split to a new topic: [SUGGESTION] Remove the view of downloads from other domains than the installed one

Although your automation plugin is undoubtedly the most advanced I have seen in the GPL world, it is not 100% whitelabel and leaves visible clues to get to your website, I would recommend:

Rename folders and URLs with a generic name like ā€œupdaterā€.

It would also be positive to have the ability to change the colours and even the fonts of the plugin. I am not a programmer and although it took me a lot of effort, I finally managed to create a version with my colours, about writing the dashboard stylesheet, the problem is that you overwrite classes and IDs inherent to WordPress as wp-body-content and I have not been able to customize it at all.

You could even offer for an extra payment, the possibility to buy a version of the plugin that is made 100% with our colours and branding, personally I would be willing to pay for it.

Thank you very much for the good work.

1 Like

Hello @lafabriweb,

Great suggestions!

As we already had a discussion related to white label, I merged it together =)

Hello, I wanted to give a contribution to the community and that can serve as a basis for future updates, for me it is very important that:

My customers relate to the colours of my brand.
They cannot download Plugins and Themes to install them on other websites that are not hosted with me.
They do not see the support button, even if it is disabled.

I am not a programmer, but I have created a simple plugin where I add things that I donā€™t want my customers to see, but I can see it if I am logged in with my email.

I share the screen with the result and if you authorize me, I can create a post with the code and explaining how it works.

2 Likes

Your feedback is much appreciated.

When we start developing the white label pro feature we will definitely include the new color style customization feature.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen anything updated regarding white label pro. Will we have any news on the subject?

The white label feature should be improved, it is useless in its current state.

Pls explain specifically how you would like it to be improved (and why it is useless now)

I think without specific suggestions, it will be difficult for FV to improve it

What is currently in the plans for White Label Pro besides for color / style customization?

The White label is not really WL because when the client deactivates the plugin all the Festinger branding is displayed. A White label is a type of business where Agency A provides the services of provider X under the branding and service of Agency A. The client does not know that provider X is behind but this does not work with the White lebel service festinger provides

As a quick win, you can keep the White label settings when deactivating the plugin, only uninstalling and reinstalling can reset the plugin to Festinger branding.

White Label isnā€™t just about customizing colors, and SW3 is right about that. To me, White Label means completely hiding our supplier by replacing the Festinger Vault brand with the one I configured. Limiting ourselves to customizing colors and styles seems too basic. My suggestion would be to install the Festinger plugin on WordPress and make all the relevant options available for complete customization, including logo, title, description, translation, links for support page, documentation, and others. These personalized details should be permanently recorded, with no possibility of reverting to previous settings. After customization, we should provide a download button for the personalized plugin, ensuring that when using it in other projects, we always import the customized version. Thus, each time the personalized plugin is deactivated and activated on a site, no changes would occur, except the need to insert a new license for use, something that should be discussed internally, as it would be great if we could generate our own licenses or sublicenses for the whitelabel plugins. I would only consider White Label truly ā€˜Proā€™ if all elements associated with the Festinger brand are removed. Otherwise, the White Label feature is ineffective.

When I acquired Festinger, it was precisely for the promise of this feature, and I sincerely hope we can enjoy an authentic White Label. This is what both I and the community expect!

I trust your work, but this matter has been little discussed. The promise was of the White Label Pro, and we are waiting for a true White Label.

2 Likes

I agree with that, SW3. It would also be nice if some form of redirect could be implemented for the download and update functions, perhaps even hosted on the Lifetime VIP customerā€™s own website or provided by you. This way, the word ā€œfestingervaultā€ wouldnā€™t appear anywhere in the source code.

1 Like

I just had an idea that as VIP customers, we could potentially extend the license key for our clients by, say, 4 additional digits that we can use at our discretion. This way, we could also directly define the user role. For instance:
License key + 1001: Subscriber License No. 001
License key + 2002: Contributor License No. 002
etc.
This would not require an entirely new license key but could be assigned as a sub-license by Festinger directly to VIP customers. What do you think about this?

2 Likes